Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email tool not sending to multiple recipients

alphabex18
8 - Asteroid

Hello all, 

I am using the email tool where I have multiple recipients in the To: location. I am using semicolon with no spaces between names, but when the email is sent, only the first recipient shows in the email. I can see this because I am CC-ing myself and team. I have used the email tool many times within our own domain without issue, but this time its being used to outside our company domain. I then tried to use a single email tool for each name, and two emails succeeded, but three showed the recipient as "0" (screenshot below)

Note:  Some (not all) of the email addresses have other punctuation like firstname.MI.lastname@domain.com

alphabex18_0-1627001428211.png

Really need some guidance here

5 REPLIES 5
Scott_Snowman
10 - Fireball

I have seen a similar issue with my own implementation of the tool, but it appears to be an issue with the email headers, rather than the actual emails not being sent.

When I use a semicolon-separated list, but CC myself, I see the email only shows one person in the To: field. However, all intended recipients of the email have actually received it. This is what leads me to believe that it's a display issue only, not an actual tool issue.

Have you checked to see if the other intended recipients in To: did or didn't receive the email?

Sie1234
5 - Atom

Hi ScottS28

I have the exact issue as described by yourself. The recipients are receiving the emails but the distribution list is only partly visible.

This leads to a lot of unnecessary forwarding. Did you find a solution how to avoid this?

Thanks

Scott_Snowman
10 - Fireball

Hi @Sie1234 -- unfortunately I did not, and I'm no longer working on workflows that use the Email tool frequently, so I can't say if the issue is still persisting in the same way in our organization. I'll check with my team and update here if I have any more insight to share.

saimathangi
7 - Meteor

Hi @Sie1234 - I am facing the same issue too. Did you find any solution for it?

Sie1234
5 - Atom

@saimathangi unfortunately I wasn't able to solve it. I currently use a workaround to include the email receivers in the email body. This helps at least that everyone can see who received the email.

Labels