Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool with Weird Error Message

sachinhejeebu
5 - Atom

Hi! 

I utilize the email tool quite frequently and recently encountered a new error. The error is: Error: Email (19): Record#9: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 55, desc = Failed sending data to the peer

I tested the workflow to see if it was an SMTP configuration issue by sending all of the emails to myself, and they worked just fine. 

This workflow processes about 500 rows of data and attaches a unique spreadsheet generated by the workflow to each email. When tested to my email, the spreadsheets, and all emails came through correctly. 

The number of emails that were sent before the workflow stopped with the error was 71, but they were not the first 71 records when we cross-compared. 

I looked at other community discussions on this, and wasn't able to figure out a solution that worked. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Check with your email support team

See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47214579/curl-easy-perform-failed-couldnt-connect-to-server

That's error 7, "couldn't connect to host"

Failed to connect to host. curl managed to get an IP address to the machine and it tried to setup a TCP connection to the host but failed. This can be because you have specified the wrong port number, entered the wrong host name, the wrong protocol or perhaps because there is a firewall or another network equipment in between that blocks the traffic from getting through.

and

https://curl.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_perform.html
curl_easy_perform performs a network transfer in a blocking manner and returns when done, or earlier if it fails.

Chris

sachinhejeebu
5 - Atom

Thanks for the insight! I'll check with our IT team. I thought it was more unusual that it would allow me to send all the emails to myself without error with the same configuration.

Labels