Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool is sending Email but not the report(data)

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I am using Email tool and successfully configured the same. By that said, user is receiving email when we run report as a whole on gallery.

Issue is:- We are attaching email tool with a report. So that user receive data as well with email in self service manner. For that, we have scheduled the report. But, user is getting email only but there is no report attached.

I am sharing screen shot for the my workflow. And you earliest response will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Vikas

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Vikas038 ,

It seems you are trying to send an attachment by using a field column from your dataset. Actually, that column needs to have the path + filename you want to send.

So you have to do something similar to this below, that is to first create your report and use the render tool to save it somewhere and then you need to have a column with the path + filename as a attachment

fmvizcaino_0-1627570562802.png

fmvizcaino_1-1627570644572.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Final goal is to push this on gallery and schedule so that user can receive weekly email which includes attached file.

I did in suggested way but it is throwing below error while running on gallery.

The job New Clients Over Past Two Week did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:

• Cannot write to "E:\ContentApps\Alteryx\Service\Staging\2360_ac7438f5c7f54f5189b3c0bb9c440386\_externals\1\New Clients Usage.xlsx" (Tool Id: 16)

And attaching screen shot as well. We have to showcase this to senior management so it will be great if you provide quick turnaround on this.

Thank you,

Vikas

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Vikas038 

We will surely help you out. Can you share me snapshot of message log and error log.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Vikas038 

I think i have a general idea of the issue.

2 questions 

1. Is it working successfully on desktop?

2. Is it working successfully on gallery?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Vikas038 

If its working in desktop and not in gallery.

Make sure to configure the file path(below highlighted) to absolute network path/UNC path which is readable by the gallery. It should work. 

atcodedog05_0-1627722432435.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels