Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool : Sending to Dynamic Attachments to Dynamic recipients

nsessa
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx community,

I am currently working on a project where I create a sales performance PDF report for all of regional sales managers. Each manager has a report generated specific to their geography example below:

Report A -> Manager A

Report B -> Manager B

Report C -> Manager C

I have two separate workflows for this project. The first workflow creates the PDF reports for each Manager (about 200 of them) using the Groupby field option in the render tool. 

The 2nd workflow is where I want to email out the created reports from the first workflow. Since there are so many managers (200), I would ideally not want to have an email tool for every recipient with their report as an attachment. Is there a way to use the email tool dynamically with the recipient and the attachment as well? 

I would like there to be a way to dynamically input a recipient in the "To" field and have the correct attachment update as well. What is the best way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nsessa 

The answer is yes there is. Email tool let you to reference column for almost all input fileds.

1. Change To field dynamically: You can set To field to reference a column

atcodedog05_0-1641537308666.png

2. Change file based on the manager: Click on Add > and specify field to be taken from a column

atcodedog05_1-1641537420340.png

This way you can make your workflow dynamic.

Hope this helps : )

nsessa
7 - Meteor

Thank you! I believe this will work for me, thank you very much for the prompt response.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @nsessa 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels