Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Tool: Format "From" field to accommodate "Display Name"

DavidL2
5 - Atom

Hi - I tried searching for a similar issue but couldn't find anything.

The email gateway/service that I'm using will send emails, but the "From" line will reflect only the email address.

For example, it will show an email as being from "john.smith@example.com" where I would love for it to show up as from "Smith, John".

Many other email clients support using Display Name, but it appears that Alteryx doesn't - does anyone have confirmation of that (or have a way that actually works in Alteryx)?

The format of an email address with Display Name is something like "John Smith" <john.smith@example.com> (with or without the quotes).

However, when I try that format in the From line, I get an error message that states: "Error: Email (61): ComposerEmailInterface: Record#1 From Field contains 3 entries"

If I remove the "John Smith" part of the email address, the workflow works.

Is there a workaround with Designer?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
AlexEntz
8 - Asteroid

Hi David,

I also have this problem! There seems to be no solution as of right now, maybe send a feature request again?

Best Regards,

Alex

Jérémie
7 - Meteor

Hello @brianscott 

Would you know if there is any workaround for this functionnality?

Best regards,

Jérémie

oliviervandyck
5 - Atom

also interested !

DavidL2
5 - Atom

I know I'm replying to an old message, but I hadn't thought to create an Idea (my first) until I saw your request.

It's out there now, so please go out and vote on it if you think this will be helpful.

Link to the Idea: Email Tool: Allow "Display Name" option for sender... - Alteryx Community

Thanks for the suggestion!

Labels