Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email - Multiple Tables

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

Hello, Below I have pasted the current workflow I am having issues with. What I need is to bring the pass/fail information into the email too underneath the already created table. Current union tool doesn't work. Thank you for your help.MultipleTablesEOS.png

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @nicktekippe, I'd recommend bringing the pass/fail information into a table, doing a join on record position between the 2 streams so you just have a single row (your Layout) joining to a single row (your Table with the pass/fail info), then you can bring on another Layout tool, select vertical and set the order so that the pass/fail info table is underneath the current Layout.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @nicktekippe 

It looks like the issue is that the second connection for your union tool is coming from before your Pass/Fail table and not after. If you join by position then you'll get the Layout and Pass/Fail table in a single row, which you could then layout in a single report snippet again to email the now combined snippets to a single email in one row of data.

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath Would you know how to make the table without grouping by something? I had to group by passfail to get a table to come out of it which results in the followingEOSReply1.pngEOSReply2.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

@nicktekippe not sure what you mean by having to group by in order to get a table - you should just be able to untick Pass_Fail in the 'Group By' columns and get one overall table.

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

You are right. When I had it like that the browse tool didn't show the table but when I check the browse tool after the join/layout it is showing. Thanks for the help!!

Labels