Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Eliminating duplicated rows if condition met

JaimeB
6 - Meteoroid

Hello there, Alteryx fellows.

I'm facing a complex issue with my current workflow, and I need your help. In the table below this text, you can find an example (with mock names) of the data in which I'm working on. This a full list of the Resources who are involved in Chargeable projects along those ones who have no Chargeable projects in the 3 upcoming weeks. The ones with no chargeable projects need to be in the list and I've made them to appear with all the fields in blank except for their name and rank. However, some resources (take the examples of "the Offender, Bender" and "Fry, Phillip J.") are involved in both "Chargeable" and "Non Chargeable" (blank) projects, and I want them only to show the Chargeable ones.
In summary, I want a full list that shows all the resources who are engaged in a "Chargeable" plus the resources that aren't involved in any. How can I eliminate the "Blank" lines for those resources that also have a "Chargeable Project"?

Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JaimeB One way of doing this with the multi-row tool

binuacs_0-1679394096788.png

JaimeB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Binuacs,

I understand the logic behind this formula, but what happens if there is a resource with only one engagement (in blank) and the next resource has only one "chargeable engagement"? Wouldn't this multi-row formula assign to that case a "0"?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JaimeB since these records don’t satisfy the multi-row tool condition, they always will be 1, you can test with sample records in the given workflow 

Zok
8 - Asteroid

Hello

I had fun with this...

Zok_0-1679397463248.png

Zok_1-1679397477479.png

JaimeB
6 - Meteoroid

Indeed, this one works perfectly and I really like the logic behind it! Thanks so much!

JaimeB
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, you are right. Your formula is correct. Thanks!

Labels