Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

EMAIL tool sometimes returns ’Unable To Send Email’

Okutof3
7 - Meteor

Hello ,

I am using Alteryx Server 2018.3.
I'm sending about 300 emails with EMAIL Tool(SMTP), but sometimes I get an error.

Error-Toolid xxx:Record# yyy Unable to send email "Error with Message"

"

Error-Toolid xxx:Workflow was Cancelled by Properties Setting

I re-executed several times, but it ends normally or the value of Record#yyy is different.
MAIL Tool of other workflows can be executed without problems.

What type of SMTP error code is "Error with Message" ?
Can I retry with EMAIL TOOL when an error occurs?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Okutof3 ,

I tried to reproduce your error by sending 300 e-mails to myself but I got no lucky doing it.

I have two tests that you can do to define if your host is really the problem there.

The first is to use a test SMTP and you can do that with https://www.mailjet.com/ where you can send 200 emails per day for free.

The second one is to use a throttle tool and limit the amount of e-mails sent per minute in order to see if there is any kind of traffic problem.

That's everything I got in my mind to suggest you. Hope this helps.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Okutof3
7 - Meteor

Hello fmvizcaino ,

Thank you for the advice

Because it is an internal system, it is not possible to test external SMTP sites for security reasons.

I would like to try a throttle tool.

Thank you,
okutof3

Okutof3
7 - Meteor

Hello fmvizcaino ,

By using the throttle tool, The error no longer occurs.

As of the Alteryx Designer 2019.3 release, the Throttle tool has been deprecated and is now consolidated into the  Download Tool .

I think that the function of the Download Tool is different from the throttle tool. Is there an alternative?

Thanks
Okutof3

ivyrmc
5 - Atom

please, hi! whats is the max number of  the Throttle tool?

Labels