Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

E-Mail Tool - Error: Email: Record#1: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

has anyone come across this error sing he email tool? 

E-Mail Tool - Error: Email: Record#1: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

I have no issues like this using download tools with curl etc, but when I try to send an email it fails. I have Alteryx installed on another computer and it works just fine. The only difference between the two computers is that this one is Win10 Standard and the other one where it works is Win10 Pro.

I read some posts about the SSL certification which seems way over the top as to what needs to be done. It might just be something much simpler. 

I also  run MS Outlook on the same computer with the same SSL\TLS settings without any dramas.

ThomasT_0-1618913503297.png

Cheers 

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ThomasT 

My guess is that there's some AV software installed or a firewall rule applied that's preventing the Alteryx software to openly communicate on those ports.

If you do find some AV software running in the background - and if you're allowed to - try temporarily disabling it and see if you notice a difference.

If you don't see any software, (and assuming it's a company/IT managed PC) you'll likely need to reach out to your IT support to see if they can investigate why that one machine is unable to send emails via Alteryx.

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

@jrgo 

good catch thank you. I had AVG running and once turned off it worked.

The sad thing is, Alteryx was already manually set to the AVG exceptions and also google.com in the https exceptions. I've uninstalled AVG and went for BitDefender now and everything seems to work. Was looking for a new AV program anyway so Bitdefender seems to work well with Alteryx for now. 

Thanks again, saved me a headache.

Thomas

psaha_ccep
5 - Atom

What does AV software mean?

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware protection.

Labels