Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamically update a filter based on user selection

Mina2021
8 - Asteroid

Greetings,

I'm currently attempting to build a workflow app that complete the following activities- 

1) User upload a file (*.xlsx file)

2) User to select date range

3) User can select number of action they want to see

4)User can select the view whether it is "forward" or "Backward"

5)User can see by filtering "Inspection Type", "Contents ID" and "Transaction ID"
6)User can see a) Actions, b) both Actions & Date diff

So far, I am able to complete till 4) and currently stuck in 5). Does anyone know how we can configure the workflow to allow the filter input tool to be updated based on the options selected by the user? I already did for the Inspection Type but not able to figure out how to do for Contents ID & Transaction ID.

Mina2021_0-1616647219225.png

Thanks for all your help!

3 REPLIES 3
add9880
7 - Meteor

Hi Mina2021,

You can connect the Action tool directly to the Filter tool and configure based on a pre-defined formula.

Capture.JPG

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Anuj D.

Mina2021
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I could do the 5) currently stuck in 6).
Can you see my workflow once!
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Mina2021 

Since your original formula had a series of "or" clauses, I assume that you want to allow the user to select one or more options using a list box to dynamically update a filter.

danilang_0-1616675337904.png

The list box is configured like this

danilang_1-1616675449410.png

It generates a custom comma delimited list.  I've added the values in manually based on the what you had in your example. 

The filter is built using the IN syntax [Options] in ("Inspection Type","Contents ID","Transactions ID")

The Action replaces the text in the IN clause of the filter with the comma separated list from the List box.  The result of this is that the filter only passes through the records that the user selects.

Note that my example only includes Container 188 for your original workflow.  

Dan

Labels