Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Select Fields based on Null/Not Null

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx community, I think this is probably a relatively simple fix but I can't seem to figure it out on my own!.

Here is my goal: I wany to dynamically select any field that contains "Filter 1" and "Filter 2" in the column header (I figured out how to do this part). But I also want to exclude any use case where a column has data in any fields that contain "Filter 1"  but also has null fields in any column headers that contain "Filter 2".

Ex. In this example I would want to only pull through the Test Group 1 and not Test Group 2

Group Name | Filter 1_Business Unit | Filter 1_Program | Filter 2_Project Code | Filter 2_Plant

TEST GRP 1 |            11221               |      NULL              |       3900                    |     NULL

TEST GRP 2 |            2345                 |        NULL             |       NULL                   |    NULL

12 REPLIES 12
laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs i've attached the progress i've made so far. i'm attempting to isolate just that Test Group 2. 

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs I was able to figure it out! Posting what I came up with in case any one else find this thread and has a similar use case

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@laurennewton Good to know that you are able to figure it out!!!

Labels