Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Change File Listed in SharePoint File Input/Output Tools

Matt19
7 - Meteor

Been playing around with the new SharePoint File Input/Output 2.01 tools, and was wondering if anyone out there has been able to combine these with an Analytical App. I've got a use case where there is an xlsx file for each day of the month, through some kind of interface tool (textbox, filebrowse, datepicker, etc) the user will provide the date and the workflow should use that file as an input. 

I have tried the interface tools listed above with an action tool to replace the filename but it seems to have no effect. I have also tried the constants like "%question.filename%" as those have also worked in the past. I have yet to find any way to dynamically change the SharePoint file. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

4 REPLIES 4
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Matt19, you can achieve this with the Action tool if you update the raw XML with formula. Example to change the file name: Replace([Destination],'Customers.xlsx',[#1]). If you also need to update the sheet name, you will need two control parameters and two action tools connected to the same sharepoint input tool.

Matt19
7 - Meteor

@gabrielvilella You are a Rockstar! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

JayMarie
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @gabrielvilella . Can you show how to do below instruction? I need to use this in my use case as well. Thank you!

Matt19
7 - Meteor

@JayMarie - Sorry just now seeing this, below is a screenshot that might help a bit. With this you are updating part of the path that contains the File Name with whatever the File is that you want to use instead.  

Untitled picture.png

Labels