Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic formulas and calculation according to user input

talc_87
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

I have a dataset which contains several fields.

The user input an excel template and which contains parameters that the dataset is filters according to the user input.

I want to add a calculated field which is calculated according to the user input.
For example if the dataset contains the fields assets and liabilities.

The user to input [assets]/[liabilities]
and the workflow will add a field with the calculation.

possible?

Appreciate the help,Tal

4 REPLIES 4
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @talc_87 

Here goes...

Workflow attached.  Modify to suit your field names and additional operators, if any.

Capture2.PNG

talc_87
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you

Any chance the formula can be taken from an excel spreadsheet which is used as a template?

Thanks, Tal

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @talc_87 

Excel formulas and Alteryx formula expressions differ.  I wouldn't see any benefit attempting to do so.

Here's another workflow that may inspire you.  It parses the xlsx xml to return all formulas on Sheet1.

Capture.PNG

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@talc_87 

Yes, you can take the expression from any source of data. What you'd need to do is adapt the logic @HomesickSurfer mentioned by encapsulating it into a batch macro. Then replace Text Box tool to Control Parameter. 

Take a look on these videos https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

Labels