Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic filtering with different parameters

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey everyone.

I am trying to dynamically filter a date based on some previous formulas validation. Here's a visual example:

The user has to input this data (which represents Dates) every day, which is dauting. So the idea is to replace it dynamically.

I created a formula that checks the date and get the previous date, which is the one that should be inputted in the filter.

Joker_Hazard_0-1656620704742.png

As you can see, the column "Date -1" Should always replace the content within the filter. How to make it automatic?

Joker_Hazard_1-1656620795204.png

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Unless I'm reading/understanding this wrong, couldn't you just use:

[Data] = [Date -1]

As your last line? Instead of the manually typed date.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Joker_Hazard 

The solution here is to create a batch macro. You can feed your new date and your data into the batch macro where within the macro you can update the filter tool. Here's some resources on batch macros.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Yeah, I've had the exact same thought as you afterwards. It did work. 

I was thinking of a way complicated model, like using analytical apps or Macros. 

Joker_Hazard_0-1656622467381.png

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey Dan. Macros for me are very deliciated. I have been using Alteryx for 4 years already I never have I ever tried to learn macros. I don't see a worth use case for them.

I know I'm utterly wrong on that, however could you clarify why macros are important if Alteryx can run workflows "just like one" or use for example multirow formulas for example.

Thank you very much 

I will take some time to learn those tools.

Labels