Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic filter

marlylove
7 - Meteor

Hi, I just made a new workflow that I would like to make more dynamic or improve.

I'm currently filtering data by each production month and then summarizing that individual production month by the GL month.  Is there a better way to do this?  How do I reduce the number of filters? Or make it more dynamic such as having Alteryx automatically create my next production month filter and summarize tool once it's in the dataset?

Please see my workflow.

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @marlylove it looks like you are already on the right track in your top right summarize tool where you are summing by production month in which you group by the month and sum the item column. This will dynamically sum any new months of data that are fed in when your files are updated. Is there a specific reason why you need to create separate summarize tools for individual months? 

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @marlylove 

You do not need the filter, as the summary tool allows you to group by more than 1 fields and will automatically update when the data changes (eg new rows are added when new monthly data comes in)

dawn 

Labels