Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Summarize without Transposing?

jwlam
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone!

I've seen a handful of other similar questions but those solutions don't quite work for my case.

Basic background info: we hold trainings where questions have to be asked and answered. I'm need to record how long someone attended and how many questions they've answered (4 or more are asked). Some people disconnect in the middle and rejoin which causes 2+ entries/rows in the report that needs to be consolidated into a single row.

(Picture 1)

To do this I’m trying to summarize duplicate rows by Min Joined and Max Left At to get 1 row for the Record ID before Transpose. The issue I'm running into is that in the first Summarize it keeps/looks for the original 4+ questions so in the next Input I load in, where the questions are different, I have to remove the original 4+ from Actions and Group By the new questions.

(Picture 2)

If you remove the first Summarize and run the workflow you'll see in the final Join that the rows get duplicated if they have different join/leave times. 

Is there a way to dynamically summarize the 4+ questions being asked so it doesn't have to be updated with each new Input? 

jwlam_0-1655349132539.png

jwlam_1-1655349176631.png

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jwlam 

What would be your desired output?

And Jane.Doe@email.com is having 4 entries and last for whole session.

what is hte processing for that?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @jwlam , give this a try if it works for you.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655353509572.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
jwlam
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu 

Desired output would be all rows with the same email get combined without needing to adjust the 1st Summarize Q1/2/3/4 manually each time there's a new Input.

The attached workflow is with the 1st Summarize but I've manually removed the original questions asked and replaced them with Q1/2/3/4.

jwlam_0-1655353566544.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@jwlam, updated workflow as per your last comment.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655355313330.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jwlam 
I gave a try and ended up similar with @grazitti_sapna 😁
Can you check?  

jwlam
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @grazitti_sapna! That solution worked perfectly! 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@jwlam, I am glad it worked!

Sapna Gupta
Labels