Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Select/ De-select Tool Container

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

I have two containers, each have their own interface tools

I would like to have Dynamic Select/ De-select Tool Container, In the below data which they I have attached

For ex: In select drop down if I select only "Select Category" THEN it should show Select Category and its drop down

BRRLL99_0-1677050370582.png

In select drop down if I select only "Select segment" THEN it should show Select segment and its drop down

BRRLL99_1-1677050507639.png

sample file has been attached please check

3 REPLIES 3
VijayAnaparthi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BRRLL99 ,

I think we can't perform this once you run the app then it will load all the default values i mean all the interface buttons and respective values. Alteryx will not update any values or buttons at run time because Alteryx is not a run time application.

So do you think it is possible then why you require chained apps. 

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

is it possible through CMD tool?

lets say I have 3 workflows

in the app if i select one workflow that paticular workflow should open

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @BRRLL99 

For your original question, you can replace the drop down with two radio buttons.  In the Interface Designer use the arrow keys move the corresponding drop downs until they're within the group controlled by the correct radio button and make sure that "Collapse group when Deselected" is check in both of the Radio buttons

danilang_0-1677094828494.png

Here are the two states

danilang_1-1677094953102.pngdanilang_2-1677094970362.png

Dan

Labels