Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Replace

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

Good morning,

I have an issue with the Dynamic Replace tool.

I have two (or more files) .txt that i read all in the same time.

Before the Dynamic Replace I have the Image 1 and Image 2 situation.

In Image3 I show my Dynamic Replace configuration.

The results are incorrect (Image4). Where I have FORMULA_ALTERYX = 'PLD35' the field FT is PLD35 but when I have FORMULA_ALTERYX = 'PLD31' I have the value PLD35. Why is not the field value PLD31?

Thanks to everyone!

5 REPLIES 5
wesley18mendonca_
7 - Meteor

Hi!

Can you provide your workflow ? and if possible a sample of input data.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Hi @sebenciven , you do not have the configuration for the dynamic replace tool set up correctly. The bottom input tool has the correct configuration in the attached workflow. Your dynamic replace should appear like:

Snag_2472312c.png

 The input tool should be something like:

Snag_2472f76a.png

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

Hi @jdminton I've tried, but It didn't works :(

@wesley18mendonca_ YES! Here a little flow and the printscreen of the wrong results!

Thanks!

jdminton
12 - Quasar

@sebenciven I don't understand why you would use a dynamic replace instead of a regular formula tool for this process. The dynamic replace is to replace values in multiple fields - not multiple rows. Also, the rule would not go into the data that you are working with. It would just be on the expression side of the dynamic replace with the field and boolean.I've attached a workflow with a join tool solution and a formula tool solution. It might need some modification depending on your actual data, but both work.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

DynamicReplace in that mode is meant to have one row/Rule. It does not work with multiple rows/rules.

Labels