Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input

ACES2019
6 - Meteoroid

I'm relatively new to Alteryx and have an issue with combining multiple excel worksheets into one data set. I used the dynamic input and have generated an output file but the results in the output file are of only one of the worksheets.  In previewing the dynamic input it shows all records from all sheets as if they were combined.  However the output file does now.  Why?

2 REPLIES 2
NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello @ACES2019,

Please find attached!

You firstly need to upload sheet names, and only than you can load all files into your workflow.

I am not using Dynamic Input (due the issue with multiple schema) -- therefore, I am attaching macro to created by community to load multiple sheets/and files.

In the flow, you will need to replace black question marks by attached macros.

Best Luck!

Niky

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ACES2019 Can you send a screen print of the configuration panel of your output tool?  If the data is making it through your Dynamic Input tool, I'm guessing there's something else stopping it on the output side.  If you could attach a sample workflow, that would be great!  Please be sure to 'Export Workflow' to save and then send.  This can be found under the Options menu.  Thanks!

Labels