Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input not executing query for some of the incoming rows

bperkowska
5 - Atom

Hi community,

I am facing the issue with an dynamic input tool. I am using the 'Modify SQL query' option and I am modifying date filters within query by replacing dates in the query with startdate and stopdate (see the example picture).

So dynamic input tool should execute given query as many times as many there are incoming rows and it should output the calculated data for all time periods. I am saving that data to database.

I use that dynamic input tool in a macro which is a part of bigger workflow.

When macro run solely, everything works as expected - all queries are executed for all dates.

Unfortunately, when I run the entire workflow, it seems that the dynamic input is not execuing all queries, as I have some lacking data in the database.

(and yes, I double checked the data and I should have more records coming out from the dynamic output tool plus my missing time periods are always time intervals from the incoming tool table).

What's even more surprising is that when I tested the workflow, it ommits different date intervals each time.

I have the AMP engine with the engine comparability mode turned on, by I need to have the AMP on as I am running Control Container.

Is it possible that it's because of the AMP engine?

I'd apprecieate any help, thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

@bperkowska Hello!
Engine team fixed similar issue for 24.1 and backported to 22.3 Patch7, 23.1 Patch 5, 23.2 Patch 2

GENG-3254

GCSE-1739

With AMP enabled, a DCM connection on the Dynamic Input tool generates a different number of rows than a non-DCM connection.

Which Designer version are you using? Could you please update it to the latest patch and check?

Are you using DCM? If so, as a workaround, you can try to run the same workflow directly connected to the DB (non-DCM).

bperkowska
5 - Atom

Hello! Thanks for your answer - I checked and I am not using DCM, so I guess updating that path won't do the trick.

I'll also mention that I'll need to schedule that workflow eventually on the server. I just checked on how it behaves when run from the gallery and there's the same issue.

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

It’s hard to answer or troubleshoot without a real workflow. Could you please share at least the workflow and submit a defect?

If it works with E1, as a workaround, we can suggest you put “_e1_” in the tool annotation and check the result.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 17.10.13.png

bperkowska
5 - Atom

The workflow, of which part is the macro we are talking about, works with AMP and unfortunately it won't work if I turn it off for the entire workflow. Macro itself could run without AMP on, but I guess it won't matter that I turn the AMP engine off for that macro if workflow that runs this macro has the AMP turned on anyway? Or can I do it somehow?

Can't share it, sorry for that. But nevertheless, as I mentioned, when I run macro itself it works fine, the problem starts when I encorporate that macro into bigger workflow, that uses many other macros. The issue appears no matter whether I run the workflow from Desktop App or the gallery. So that's why I think it may have something to do with the AMP engine.

ps. I forgot to mention that I am using Version: 2023.2.1.89 Patch: 2

Labels