Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input for file and sheet name

Astrology1901
6 - Meteoroid

I have a Dynamic Input tool that correctly gets a file based on its Creation Time (specified by the user).  Unfortunately, all the files in the target directory have unique Sheet names.

Can I configure the Dynamic Input tool to handle unique sheet names too?  Should I have 2 Dynamic Inputs or something like that?Alteryix Dynamix Input for File and Sheet.png

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisWaspe
9 - Comet

Hey @Astrology1901 . It looks like you are most of the way there. Without seeing the exact configuration I cant be sure but you may need to change the action from Change File/Table Name to Change Entire File Path. If this doesn't work please attach a packed workflow. 

Astrology1901
6 - Meteoroid

Attached!  Thanks for taking a look

ChrisWaspe
9 - Comet

Thanks for the workflow. As I cant access your directory and data I can't fully test but I suspect the error you are receiving is just the dynamic input not having any metadata to work off. As you are referencing the result of the Interface tool in your filter formula, you cant test the workflow normally. Please try using the Interface Designer (View/Interface Designer) and running a debug workflow to see if you get the suspected results.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Astrology1901 Try the below batch macro. The first macro reads all the sheet names, the formula tool updates the full path name with the sheets names and the last batch macro combines all the files

Note: you can add the filter tool and the date tool this workflow

image.png

Labels