Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input - Sheet not specified

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to update a workflow to create a new report type. I am using dynamic input tool and have specified a sheet but, I am getting an error when running the workflow. I have posted a screenshot below (I edited out any sensitive information like the user on the file pathway and the data in the screenshot, hence why it is blank).

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

10 REPLIES 10
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

After the .xlsx you'll need to include the |||<Sheet Name Here>.  You can fix it by adding a formula tool before it with [FullPath]+"|||`<Sheet Name Here>`". 

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

Hi @cjaneczko,

I do not need the file path in a formula as it is already present in the data beforehand. Also, I have already tried the triple pipe "|||" after the file extension to specify a sheet. Doing that only updates this: 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 102632.png

After which, refreshing the configuration window or running the workflow removes the "|||".

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Have a look at this thread where other users had the same issue. A formula tool prior to the dynamic input should resolve this error.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/No-sheet-specified-you-must-sp...

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@CSmith16 Can you share your dynamic input tool configuration?

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @CSmith16.

Does the attached yxzp help?

It's an example I made to read in data and load it into a Dynamic Input tool.

If you want to run the workflow, you may also want to download the extra Excel file I attached.

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs 

You mean like this? (I've obscured the data in the preview window) 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 120018.png

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

Hi @acarter881,

The workflow works isolated on its own. I have swapped the files on your provided workflow to the ones I would need in my workflow. I am going to test this out on the actual workflow after lunch and will let you know. Thanks for your help man.

CSmith16
8 - Asteroid

@acarter881 

I can only get it to work in that isolated workflow. In my org's workflow, it is not working still. I have reached out to our contact at Alteryx and have some time scheduled with them next week. I have tried every solution available, but because of what the workflow is and what we need out of it, I can't use the Directory tool, nor can I use a specific file path and add "|||<Sheet>" in a formula tool. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@CSmith16  I mean the below con figuration

Screenshot 2023-06-30 045650.png

Labels