Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Input Same Schema Sheets Error

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please see attached screenshots, I am bringing in 5 different sheets from the one excel, with the same schema, for some reason no data is outputted from the dynamic input tool. For the 'Input data source template' I am using the first sheet in the excel. 

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

17 REPLIES 17
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello!

Are you creating the full file path (c:/users....filename.xlsx|||sheet) or just the filename?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Usually it's just a straight input data/select sheet names option - straight to dynamic input where that field is brought in.

Can you clarify why you're using formula to change the path in-between?

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Yes it is the full file path! See snippet below

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

The formula is brought in as using the input tool, the output is <List of Sheet Names> so i replace this with the actual Sheet name, see snippet below!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

can you attach an action tool to your dynamic input and attach a screen grab of the update value configuration? That shows the parameters being passed into dynamic input and how it's processing them.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

This is slightly is a common issue. Even though the sheet templates might look same there might be slight difference which is not findable by human eyes. But Alteryx finds it has a difference and skips the sheet.

Here is a blog that might help you. You can look into it to check your current method. You can use the 3rd method is sheets are getting skipped.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t... 

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

See below!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danielmaguire 

Why are you not going with just "Change File/Table Name" option which will directly change the sheets since path is same. 

danielmaguire
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for sharing the post. I actually have created that batch macro before however for this use case we are trying to avoid the use of Macros. The input data will be user inputted and this workflow is using a sample of this input so the format should be the same?

Labels