Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input IN-DB

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, looking for some help. 

I want to dynamic update my SQL Where Clause. However, there is a limitation on the qty of records you can have in the Where clause (around 16k). I have a list with more than 100k records,

I am looking for a solution where I can break this in batches of 15k and dynamic send them to the Dynamic Input IN-DB for the update of the where clause. I am not sure how can I make the Dynamic Input IN-DB run in batches. 

Thank you so much,

Gabriel 

13 REPLIES 13
Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@gcosta - make sure your macro is set to a Batch Macro.  The default is Standard.

Robin_McIntosh_0-1678910543771.png

And make sure your mapping the correct fields to your input.

Robin_McIntosh_1-1678910609273.png

Robin_McIntosh_3-1678910800821.png

Robin_McIntosh_4-1678910833751.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

What database are you using - I run an IN statement (effectively a Where clause) with close to a million options on Redshift. 

short is - I'd look into using an IN clause vs a Where clause if you are looking at values in the same field. If you want me to walk you through this - feel free to DM me.

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Yes!!!! It worked!

Thank you so much @Robin_McIntosh . Such a nice workflow. It opens up so many solutions. Love it. I appreciate it your help!! 

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@gcosta - Happy to help and glad it worked out for you.

Labels