Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Field Filter

ckelley0
8 - Asteroid

I would like to give the users an option to select certain fields, for fields they do select a certain operation is performed and for fields the do not select, that operation is not performed.  In this case, for all fields the user selects, all values less than 1.00 are filtered out and for fields not selected by the user, values less then 1.00 are not filtered out.  

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ckelley0 

Can you provide some sample inputs as well as what the output should look like?  Also, can the input columns change from one run to the next?

Dan

ckelley0
8 - Asteroid

I think I got it to work.  This is a small part of a larger workflow.  The attached workflow separates a table into fields chosen by a user and fields not chosen by a user.  

ckelley0
8 - Asteroid

That was working perfectly yesterday, now when I try to run this as an Analytic App from the Alteryx Desktop, the program freezes and the only thing I can do is shut it down with the task manager.  But when I run this as a Macro, it works fine. 

Labels