Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Chained App - Filter

beacc
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I am turning my workflow to a Chaining Analytic App, but I am having a problem, so I would like to filter some info consonant my input file but when I change the file the filters don't update. I have done the next steps:

1. I have created 2 separated workflows, one that transform the file that I want to filter info and other where I need the output from the previous workflow as input and where I will filter the info.

2. In the transforming workflow I am doing a summarization for the column that I want to sever as a filter with 2 columns (Name and Value), in order to continue for the next workflow I have ticked a box in "Interface Designer":

beacc_0-1681722134892.png

3. Then in the second workflow I have added a List Box connected to a Filter tool:

beacc_2-1681722674249.png

4. The definitions configurations for Action tool:

beacc_3-1681722722325.png

5. In the List Box configuration I selected this options, in the properties the file I selected was the summarization file from the first workflow:

beacc_1-1681722235122.png

6. The configurations for filter tool:

beacc_4-1681722768245.png

Thank you all

4 REPLIES 4
Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

Hi beacc,

Have you tried changing the update tool where you have checked update a specific string to just the value inside the double quotes?  i.e. just the journal entry number.  It looks like that may fix it.

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @beacc 

I suspect you are not getting the values you are looking for because of how the list box outputs the selection a user makes. 

I tend to use a text tool + join combination to act as a filter in instances like this when i am using a list box.

See attached for an example.

gautiergodard_0-1681733992276.png

You first want to parse the true and false values that come from the user interface, then filter for only the true or false based on your requirements and then used that filtered list to join back to your overall data set from the first workflow. This will in affect make the join tool act as a fitler.

Hope this helps.

beacc
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your answers, I have swapped the filter for a join, and it solved my problem. 😀

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

hey @beacc kindly accept the post that solved your problem as the solution when you get a chance. 

This will allow others to find solutions more easily.

Thank you!

Labels