Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dups-best tool?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

What is the best tool to use to find multiple dups within columns in an excel report. I have to find 5 different types of dups, for example, find dup within ACE# column, then dups within ACE# & ACCT# columns, then ACE#, ACCT#, & AMT# columns. like diff layers of dups if that makes sense?

any suggestions?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@Hi2023 

It would make more sense if you provide a sample input with random data and expected output screenshot. Others can understand the requirement more easily. I'm just sharing my thought 😀

Good day.!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Cross column dupes or individual column dupes - ie is a dupe a duplicate value if the value occurs more than one time in a column or is it if the set of values occur more than one time in the data?

if it's the former - recordid. record id as key field transpose with the to be dedeuped columns as the transposed columns. summarize tool. group by record id/name/value - count value. filter count >=2. These are your dupes from the selected columns.

Labels