Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Duplication Issue

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Just working through this workflow and I am struggling to find the best and most efficient way to manipulate the data and have the result by in the desired format and result in the correct final amounts.

See below, I need the data grouped by job number and employee name while adding the total hours worked column. 

All while the following occurs:

1. The HR Rate and HR (PPA) Rate tied to Employee #1 pulls in as is for every instance of the Employee that occurs

2. Leave one instance of the NTK Hours and Direct Labour Hours instead of duplicates you see below. For Example Job #5601 brings in the 10 hours of NTK time and 6 Hours of Direct Labour Time twice.

mabdulh1_0-1644012982848.png

End result would look like this 

mabdulh1_1-1644013486698.png

Also to get an idea of the workflow currently, see below:

mabdulh1_2-1644013559990.png

Thanks!!!

5 REPLIES 5
mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid

One point to add is not all employees have hours in both the NTK column and Direct Labour column so the workflow works fine for those employees and the above is only affected with employees in the situation shown above.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

It is hard to tell if there is anything that you can improve on the workflow because we don't have the file. I would use a summarize tool, group by job numb and employee name, sum hours worked, first NTK and first labour hour.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mabdulh1 
Hope I understand your intention correctly.

0205-mabdulh1.PNG

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid

@gabrielvilella @Qiu Thank You Both!!

Both Solutions worked,

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@mabdulh1 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark. 😁

Labels