Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dropdown or easy way to pick a selected period

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

I am looking for user friendly solution where user pick a period and system would apply formula based on the selected date. How do I add a dropdown or what would be the other option showing Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4? Is a way for user to select current quarter where system displays the last date of the selected quarter for current year (i want to make sure system would display 6/30/2022 the next year as well) 

Quarter Quarter EndDesired Output Comments
Q13/31/2021  
Q26/30/20216/30/2021allow user to select the most recent quarter
Q39/30/2021  
Q412/31/2021  
3 REPLIES 3
iCFO
9 - Comet

My preferred approach is to modify the dynamic date filter for the purpose of the workflow. You can set it up with toggle settings to allow the user to select current or prior year quarters, months, YTD, all values, date ranges, etc. 

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Dynamic-Date-Filter/5c3c4da90462d70ba8a66d99

I have some modified versions that I use, but they are pretty complex since them manage multiple inputs / outputs.

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @mlozovskaya,

You can also build an analytic app, depending on how hands-off your user will be. Here's an example of an analytic app to edit the formula.

I hope this helps! If it helps, please consider marking it a solution so others may find it.

clmc9601_0-1630523903738.png

clmc9601_1-1630523916134.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Try this.  Basically it's more complicated than you think if you want it to be dynamic by calendar year. This shows you how to filter by Q period (Q starts 1,4,7,10) or by YTD (assuming 1/1 year start)... There are a few other ways which are more straight forward (dropdown for q's and numeric up down for years) but this dynamically updates the year by assuming the year when ran is the year you are looking for data on. If that's not the case you have to make the periods static or switch to a Q dropdown and Year input.

Labels