Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Tool formatting API results in Cross Tab - Batch Macro needed?

jrichardson
5 - Atom

Hi 

I have a SQL stored procedure input that produces multiple API strings needed for a Download tool. 

The remaining part of the workflow formats the results into a table like format using the 'Text to Columns' and 'Cross Tab' components:

jrichardson_1-1678212392069.png

As per above it works fine if there is one 'Project ID'  but I get multiple field values in the output if more than one:

jrichardson_2-1678212486487.png

Any ideas how I can resolve? Just wondering if I need to set but a batch macro to loop through each SQL row and and trigger the workflow for each API individually? All help appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would suggest adding a record ID tool before your crosstab and grouping by the Record ID as well when you are crosstabbing. This will make sure that each row of data pre-crosstab is treated as an individual group. Should be a relatively quick fix for you. 

jrichardson
5 - Atom

Thanks for the quick response - appreciate it.  Yes that has indeed split out the records into separate columns and rows but I now have additional NULL rows so will look to filter these out and it should consolidate down as expected I think: 

jrichardson_0-1678263783559.png

jrichardson
5 - Atom

I have managed to pull the results onto one line by using more record ids and joining the results - thanks for your help!

jrichardson_0-1678266657304.png

Labels