Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download From Web

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

I'm looking to download the data from web into Alteryx 

The format should be same

Sl. No. ISIN Nomenclature Date of issue Date of maturity Outstanding Stock (Rs.)

Website Link: https://m.rbi.org.in/scripts/bs_viewcontent.aspx?Id=3973

11 REPLIES 11
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @BRRLL99 

Unfortunately, this page has some kind of protection to avoid non human users. I believe that you wont be able to do that with the download tool. 

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676375788396.png

What i believe that is a good way to proceed here is to try to mimic a user using a RPA (Automation Anywhere/UiPath) or Python + Selenium.

Using python + selenium this shouldnt be too complicated, i cant do it right now, but during the next hours if you cant find another solution i am going to try.

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

I tried different ways, But there are static, not dynamic

Could you please try after 1 hour

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @BRRLL99 

Here it is, using python + selenium. Be aware that you will need to run alteryx as admin and install the necessary libraries to run it.

It is basically accessing the main page as a normal user, clicking on download file and then importing the downloaded file to the workflow.

India_Strip.gif

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

It's not opening

It is showing Tool ID 19 is not in the document

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

Please let me know, How can I use the Alteryx workflow

I need the workflow, because when website updates , data filters will be updated accordingly in my dependent joint tool

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

there might be mis communication from my end

I just need the website data in the workflow

for ex: If i run the workflow I will receive updated data from website, no need for website link and download

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @BRRLL99 

Run Alteryx as an Administrator and then run the workflow. This piece of code is able to install libraries:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676459741770.png

You wont be able to get data from this website without some trick, they are blocking "normal" connections to it. This workflow is a way of doing a trick to pass through.

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Hi

After running the workflow

it is showing this error: 

Error: Dynamic Input (26): Error opening table: Microsoft JET Database Engine: 'Outstanding on Feb 09, 2023$' is not a valid name. Make 

for 2nd line of code it is showing

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ModuleNotFoundError                       Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-2-d981db0f628f> in <module>
     15 from selenium.webdriver.chrome.service import Service
---> 17 from webdriver_manager.chrome import ChromeDriverManager

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'webdriver_manager'
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@BRRLL99 

Run this as adm:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676463228717.png

Labels