Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Double Metadata being Truncated in reports and excel outputs

GSxMuscleMlk
6 - Meteoroid

I am pulling together financial data and some of the values are in the 100s of billions of digits and within AYX the values are not being rounded or truncated but once i export to excel it rounds the value. 

Currently the metadata is set to Double and the value is -114,695,054,238 and once output to excel it converts to -114,695,000,000. How can i prevent this from happening? 

When this same value is output via reporting and render tool it only outputs only -114,695,054. What preferences in table or layout or render do I need to select? 

GSxMuscleMlk_0-1662075500161.pngGSxMuscleMlk_1-1662075519705.pngGSxMuscleMlk_2-1662075534946.png

3 REPLIES 3
Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @GSxMuscleMlk 

what version are you using of Designer?

I just tried this in mine and I was able to get the desired result. 

Samantha_Jayne_0-1662113471608.png

Not sure what is happening on your side, so I have attached my workflow example, in case it helps. 

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
GSxMuscleMlk
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for sending over your workflow. I noticed you were using .xls vs my flow which was using .xlsx. 

Once i updated my flow to use the .xls it worked as desired. 

i'm using an outdated version due to company restriction, 2020.2.3.27789 - Could this be the true reason?

Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Interesting point to note, I will raise internally and see what I can find. If this did help, please can you mark it as a solution for others to also find the answer helpful in future.

Many thanks,

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
Labels