Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display forecasted data from ARIMA

JohnLight
8 - Asteroid

How do you get the data at the end of a forecasting tool displayed nicely in a table? The first picture is some of the incoming data, the second is the workflow and the output table. Also, why is the output only 6 records, how do I increase that?

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You can increase the number of periods in the TS Forecast tool! The default is 6

Confused by the first question - if it is what I assume, you can rename some of the fields, get the max date from the data and use it to calculate the dates for the new table, and union it all together!

JohnLight
8 - Asteroid

Currently, the output looks like the second picture:  Period (week of the year), sub period (day of the week), and then the forecast of that day + the confidence intervals. Is there a way to format the output to look like the first picture (the data input)?

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The suggestion above should work to get it in a format that you might need - the first period listed would be the next interval date in your data. For example, if your data end 2023-08-31, then this row would be 2023-09-01 and the other rows would be 09-02, 09-03, etc.

However, it's difficult for us to advise further because we don't know the configuration of your ARIMA tool - for example, is the interval daily? When is the last period of the data? Further context should help!

JohnLight
8 - Asteroid

The interval is daily, the data here is from January 1, 2023 to today's date. This is just a sample of the larger data that dates back to 2021, but I wanted to get this sample working first. Thanks!

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You could then use a DateTimeNow tool to get todays date, use the Generate Rows tool to create all of the dates corresponding to the number of periods you are forecasting out, and Join on Record Position. Without data I can't do much else, but this workflow should help get things started - good luck!

Labels