Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Disable Auto Configuration for In-DB Tools Only

kyseq
7 - Meteor

I have an enhancement idea as mentioned layed out in the title, that would improve my speed to develop and deliver work.

Currently, when an In-DB input tool is active on the canvas, it automatically re-evaluates the in-database query after each modification to the workflow, regardless of whether these changes are related to the In-DB tool.

While Alteryx does offer an option to disable auto-configuration, currently this means forfeiting the dynamic reconfiguration of standard Alteryx tools. This forces us to execute the entire workflow after every single change to observe the effects, which can be a pain.

I understand that caching the In-DB tool can somewhat mitigate this issue. However, this solution assumes a static development environment, which isn't always the case, especially during active development phases.

Our team frequently deals with less-than-ideal database response times, so having the ability to selectively disable auto-configuration for just the in-database tools could significantly enhance our productivity and streamline our development.

2 REPLIES 2
Raj
14 - Magnetar

Good Idea.
some alternatives used in this case as of now are
1 -catch and run
2- Extract the sample data till production and deploy on complete data

3- use an alternative Excel.

but this can also work

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @kyseq There is an idea about keeping the connection alive and you can add your vote here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/Designer-is-slow-when-using-In-DB-It...

Best regards,

Simon

Labels