Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Directory tool not working.

akshaysaxena
5 - Atom

Hello Everyone,

I am still new to Alteryx. I have a main folder which contains 256 regions based folders. Each folder has fixed 8 subfolders. One of them is "Finance". In that subfolder, there is a file "Data Log.xlsx". So in total we have 256 "Data Log.xlsx" files. I want to pull list of region folder name, their Data Log file, its modified time and size.

Directory tool is not working for me because of slowness in our shared network drive. Is there any work around for that? I am thinking of run command tool but I don't have much knowledge about it.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @akshaysaxena 

Please check this out.

I hope you find it helpful Alteryx Workflow Performance: The Network Effect - Alteryx Community

Cheers!

akshaysaxena
5 - Atom

Hi, @RobertOdera 

Thanks for your reply. I know the main issue is Network drive itself. I just want to know, is there any other alternative other than directory tool which could be more effective to pull the list of folder names and files.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @akshaysaxena 

The network drive will be the issue, even other tools with capabilities to pull in data from multiple files like Power Query experience this issue. It has to connect and download from the network which can be much slower than if the files were saved on your local machine. 

Labels