Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Directory Tool to Workflow Output

Karl_Spratt
Astéroïde

Hi Community, 

Need some help please i have Intercompany FC demand I need to validate, so I save the files to my One drive, i want Alteryx WF to gab the files using a directory tool and stack the files (data) into unique lines of data to allow me to pivot the data by Item or Site or month ( different ways to look at the data set. 

Attaching samples of the data files, the (sample of what required File is 1 screen shot) is using say a single item to show how I'd like to see the data, also I'd like to replace any blank FC Qty values with a zero 0 Value. 

Karl_Spratt_0-1667905379568.png

Path I'd like directory logic to be able to read from would be similar to this 

Karl_Spratt_1-1667905457219.png

Can someone please assist here?

TIA

Karl 

2 RÉPONSES 2
gautiergodard
Pulsar

Hey @Karl_Spratt 

Here is one way to import all of your excels and stack them on top of one another - just change the full path in the directory tool to point to the folder where the files are saved on your machine.

I've added a few steps to cleanse the data for you as well.

gautiergodard_0-1668001938942.png

Hope this helps! 

Karl_Spratt
Astéroïde

Hi gautiergodard,

When I run the WF you sent me I'm getting this error, I'm on the version below of alteryx, would this be the issue. 

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: <EngineSettings> tag for ToolID="4" does not specify a plugin entry point and does not give a macro

Karl_Spratt_0-1668421733656.png

Karl_Spratt_1-1668421801862.png

TIA,

Karl 

Étiquettes