Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory Tool - Alteryx Designer 2019.3

bsolove
8 - Asteroid

I just upgraded to Alteryx Designer 2019.3.  Previously there was an option on the left side of the configuration window for the Directory tool to attach files so that when a workflow was packaged and sent to someone else, the files would be in a folder when the next user unpackaged the workflow.  Does anyone know the replacement for that functionality?

I tried packaging the workflow and opening it again and the files were missing/received errors.  Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @bsolove !

I don't if I understand right, but you can attach files to your workflow doing this steps:

1. Select Option;

marcusmontenegro_0-1594220487824.png

2.Select Edit User Settings;

marcusmontenegro_1-1594220531609.png

3. In advanced tab, you need to check "display asset management in properties windows" and save;

marcusmontenegro_2-1594220576851.png

4.Now will appear that box icon in the tool configuration where you can add files to go with your workflow.

marcusmontenegro_3-1594220635175.png

Let me know if that helped you 🙂

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This functionality still exists, you just need to export the workflow.

In Designer, go to Options > Export Workflow. Ensure each of the input files is checked. This will create a .yxzp file. When someone goes to open the file, it will ask to import the file and will create the folders containing the inputs.

echuong1_0-1594223227920.png

Let me know if this helps!

Labels