Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Developing Chatbot in Alteryx to Search for files and folders location

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team.
Hope you are well. I have a problem to solve.
i have a database with lots of documents. It’s really painful to search for a particular document.
Is it possible to develop a chatbot using Alteryx which can search (based on user query) say for the user enter payroll and the bot search through the database and returns the user with the file or folder location.

Please let me know if there is any video or link which i can follow,

Thanks,

Sri

3 REPLIES 3
Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

Considering that the fields contained in the different files might be different, you have to take a batch macro approach.

A batch macro will allow you to run a particular workflow for each one of your input files. What you have to do is first of all use a directory tool to get the Full path for each one of your files. Those files should be in the same folder, and the only thing you have to do is point that directory tool to that folder.

The directory tool will return you some fields for each one of your files; in this example I've mocked up 3 files, with the input you have provided. The field you are looking to use is the first one  which is named Full Path. 

Hammad_Rashid_0-1679723417155.png

This is what you should feed in the batch macro I've created for you.

Hammad_Rashid_1-1679723417171.png

Now let's see what happens inside that batch macro.

Hammad_Rashid_2-1679723417185.jpeg

First you have an Input Data tool and some tools above it; those tools are those that will go on and dynamically change the File path every time the batch macro runs. So from the first image I have attached in this post, this macro will run for each of those file path, essentially reading all files one by one.

The for each file, you pivot the data to bring it in a long format and check if "in the class" is contained in the values column.

Hammad_Rashid_3-1679723417652.jpeg

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @Hammad_Rashid , 

Thank you so much. I was going through it. I am still struggling how it will work for a database. For example i have a sql database with list of files.

The user inputs the query and the bot search through the database to look for file and return "the location of the file" or "the file itself."

Hi @AngelosPachis 

Thank you so much for creating this cool macro. Can you please help me or direct me on my problem?

Cheers,

Cheers,

Sri

Labels