Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Determining Max Value of Columns

dataminer
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that cross tabs my data into a dataset that has 1800 columns with a double in each column except for the first column which was the label. I need to check to see if any of these columns are greater than a certain threshold. If they are greater than a certain threshold then a new column at the end will be true. The cross tab will give me different amount of columns based on my data, so this cannot be hard coded in a formula with a whole bunch of IF statements. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Could you transpose the data (or do before cross-tabbing) and use a summarise tool grouping by the first column to get the max of the other 1800 columns. You can then use a formula tool to 

You can then use a formula tool to create the True/False value. Finally join back to the cross-tabbed data on the first column to add the additional column you wanted.

If you can post a sample of data happy to build a sample

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @dataminer! I built a workflow with random data I created. The key was to Transpose the data first. See if this helps!

Labels