Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Determine the latest quarter instead of current quarter

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

hi SME's

i am trying to get the latest quarter instead of current quarter. 

it would be great if we can create a dynamic date range which will allow the user to choose the quarter, 

pokhan27_0-1641392454787.png

10 REPLIES 10
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @pokhan27 ,

Try the attached app :-).

Sebastiaandb_0-1641393992953.png

It lets the user pick a date and it will take the date minus one month to see if the "Quarter" column matches.

Greetings,

Seb

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

hi @Sebastiaandb 

Thank you for your response, what if i am in current quarter? it will always give me the previous qtr, so i need the latest quarter to be displayed. Further i have more than 16 input of similar file types so for each file do i have to create a date filter?

thank you again

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@pokhan27 

Not sure what you want tbh. 

You want to filter on [quarter] right? 

But you want it fixed so that you can choose if it uses either the previous quarter to compare or the selected quarter? 

I'm a bit dumb so an easy example will do :-).

If your input is the same than i would suggest making the whole workflow a macro (so you can easily reuse it in other workflows) OR stack all those files into one incoming datastream. 

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

hi 

i already have a workflow with the macro to select qtd or ytd, but my issue right now is: 

1. i am in Jan month now which is not allowing me to get the data from previous qtr as my current quarter is set as [Quarter] = [Current Quarter] and i am in current quarter which shows the blank data

2. "If your input is the same than i would suggest making the whole workflow a macro (so you can easily reuse it in other workflows) OR stack all those files into one incoming datastream." 

do u have an example to this as my current workflow looks like: 

pokhan27_0-1641396883231.png

i am looking a way to create a formula which will give me the latest quarter. for now i have current qtr formula been set as

pokhan27_1-1641396986566.png

dont know if i am able to answer your queries. but this is the problem i am facing as before dec 31 the filter was generating the data but now its not as i am in Jan month. i have shared you the file of one of input for your reference

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@pokhan27 I calculated the latest quarter based on the date field and applied in the filter tool

binuacs_0-1641403207541.png

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

hi @binuacs 

Thank you for your response, when i tried to run the workflow the there is an issue with the quarter value as the i am only able to get the value from August month instead of getting the value of Aug+Sep+Oct. 

I am not able to figure out what is the issue with the flow. Please help

i have attached my wf and sample data 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @pokhan27 

Here is the formula for calculating the previous quarter. Later you can just filter on the previous quarter

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641538538130.png

If you are looking for something more please provide some input data and expected output.

Hope this helps : )

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

hi 

i want to sum the quarter value, but am only able to add August month instead Aug+Sep+Oct

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @pokhan27 

You groupby on quarter and sum it up like below

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641561102544.png

Hope this helps : )

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

Labels