Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Detecting Full Null/Empty Rows for Review

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

I have several tables that load each morning and we need to review and make sure data has loaded into them.  I have tried to write a workflow that will pull out any rows that have all Null/Empty cells but when I try to run it it's pulling in all rows not just the null/empty rows.

Any ideas how I can get just the null/empty rows to show up in the final output.  I've been putting a Record ID on the rows and would like those records that have null/empty rows.  I can't share the actual workflow due to work privacy but the below example should pull back the 3rd row as not loaded.

Car     Truck    Van

blueredgreen
red yellow

bluegreen 
4 REPLIES 4
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@knobsdog You can use the Data Cleansing tool and check the box next to "Remove null rows" and you'll get only the records that have at least one value in any field.

Remove Null Rows.PNG

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@knobsdog based on my understanding I Created the below workflow

image.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @knobsdog 

FYI.

录制_2023_09_08_14_08_49_516.gif

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

The below 2 examples look like they're on the right track.  I have to go through them.  I'm not looking to remove the nulls I want to highlight when a null row occurs.  Thank you though.

Labels