Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Desktop with Scheduler had the My Computer option now its gone.

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

We purchased Desktop with Scheduler and installed in a remote desktop. Last week had the My Computer option and was able to schedule two workflows to execute this morning. Opened Alteryx to check the workflow schedule results and it indicated I don't have a controller, and when I try to re-set it up on the scheduler it does not give me the "my computer" option. 

Not sure why it would be there, and then disappear. 

Any insights would be appreciated.  

5 REPLIES 5
putu_w_erata
8 - Asteroid

If your license is valid then check whether you have the admin version installed. 

Afterwards you need to set up your Run As user in Options - Advance Options - System Settings (If this menu is not there then you don't have the admin version installed)

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'd recommend reviewing your Alteryx license. I am 95% sure part of the terms of your scheduler license is that you cannot install it in any virtual environment.

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

Apparently its possible with special Approval from Alteryx. 

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

It appears its related to administrative privilege, working with local IT to resolve, 

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, we had to uninstall and reinstall the app, then ran the system settings as you indicated and was able to schedule the workflow. 

Labels