Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Designer| Table tool ; Formatting

Mj9715
8 - Asteroid

Hi All - I have a dataset with 300+ columns/fields which are numeric, rounded to three decimals using a formula tool to be precise. This needs to be formatted with basic font size, borders etc. As far as I'm aware "table tool" is the best way to do so. However, by default the table tool changes the decimal places to 0, and it is impossible to change each field parameter to 3 decimal places. 

Is there a way to either

1. Achieve desired formatting on excel output tool (or)

2. fix the decimal places issue on the table across all fields

Attached input file where columns B till end needs to fixed to 3 decimal places in the table tool without manually clicking on fields and inputting 3. 

Please note that I have Alteryx 2019.4 and cannot upgrade. Due to this, using a existing template which is available in 2021 version is not possible, Any suggestions please?

2 REPLIES 2
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Mj9715,

With table tool you can change the format to 3 decimal place :

messi007_0-1633350657708.png

Below the result:

messi007_1-1633350691445.png

Attached the sample workflow for test.

Regads

Mj9715
8 - Asteroid

@messi007 sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm aware of this feature in table tool.. however I have over 300 fields and its impossible to click on each field name and change decimal places to 3 on the table tool. 

To give you an example, all columns in attached file from B onwards need to be fixed to three decimal as the table defaults to zero decimal places. 

Labels