Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Defect: Find Replace Tool Issue on Upgrade

Lisbeth_Negrete
6 - Meteoroid

Error occurs in the Versión: 2023.1.1.306 (Patch 4) and Later

The "find and replace" tool does not work correctly as in previous versions. Since version 2023.1.1.306 (Patch 4), it generates many many rows with a null value, for cases where the name of the column to be compared begins with a number. For example "1st Criminal Court". The fields compared are two of type V_String.

The same flow in previous versions works without problems.

In the attached image, the column used for comparison is in a green box and the results obtained are in a red box.

Error Alteryx Find and Replace.png

10 REPLIES 10
Raj
14 - Magnetar

can you add configuration snippet of tool.

Lisbeth_Negrete
6 - Meteoroid

I am using the Spanish version

Buscar y reeemplazar configuracion.png

Raj
14 - Magnetar

sorry i am not able to understand this but i suggest you to re add the tool and check the meta data of both the fields.

Lisbeth_Negrete
6 - Meteoroid

Change the language of Alteryx to English, for the next capture.

Buscar y reeemplazar configuracion.png

Lisbeth_Negrete
6 - Meteoroid

I have followed the suggestion step by step.
(1) I have checked the metadata of both flows and they are the same. Additionally, I have compared the content of the 2 fields that are compared and are correct and identical.
(2) I have removed and added the find and replace tool in the flow and configured it as it was at startup.

Running the flow gives the same error.

I am currently working with the version Version: 2023.1.1.306 Patch: 4. I have also carried out the test in version 2023.2.1.51 (Patch 1) and the result is the same.

And since I don't have the installer for version 2023.1.1.281 (Patch 3) I can't go back to a previous version.

Buscar y reeemplazar configuracion 2.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Lisbeth_Negrete 

Bit of a long shot but try disabling the AMP Engine on the workflow and seeing if it runs ok then?

Lisbeth_Negrete
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks David for the timely response.

I have followed the procedure given in the following URL to disable AMP Engine.

URL: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/How-to-disable-the-AMP-Engine-in-Designer

I have disabled AMP in the flow. After closing Alteryx and reopening it; So I ran the project and surprise, now it works as it should. So the problem, as you indicate, is related to AMP.
This temporary solution helps the flow run normally, but is not the final solution expected from Alteryx.
So I hope that the Alteryx technical team can take this problem into account and correct it and include it in the next patch.

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Lisbeth_Negrete 

I've had a very quick look through the release notes and cannot see anything specifically related to this - can you update your original post to add the AMP Engine tag?

@TonyaS is this one to be flagged to you?

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@DavidSkaife  thanks for tagging me. I will get this to the right folks on the AMP/Engine team. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels