Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date range issue

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to filter 1,544 results for the next 2 weeks.  However the filter doesn't produce the correct results.  What am I doing incorrectly?

14 REPLIES 14
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think you want to flip the sign! Here's my quick example that works:

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

Well this didn't work. Better but not quite. Sigh

[Next Cardio Appt]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(), 20,'days')

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You need a condition to also exclude anything older than today then - [Next Cardio Appt]>DateTimeToday()

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

does this come after the previous one?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please check the attachment - technically doesn't matter though.

I do also recommend being more thankful - "well this didn't work" elicits a negative response generally on the Community.

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

I'm sorry.  Yes, you have been very helpful.  I was just sad that it wasn't an instant fix.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sounds like it's fixed now then, so if that's the case please make sure to accept the response that worked best as a solution. Thank you!

rhearns1
8 - Asteroid

Okay, I have no clue what is wrong now.  

[Next Cardio Appt]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(), 20,'days')-[Next Cardio Appt]<DateTimeToday()

Filter (45) Parse Error at char(58): Formula: invalid type in subtraction operator

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Why did you change the AND in my most recent attachment to a subtraction? Also it looks like you flipped the "great than" to "less than"

This is the full statement in that attachment: [Next Cardio Appt]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),14,'days') AND [Next Cardio Appt]>DateTimeToday()

Labels