Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Date in Alteryx

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Hello All! 

I'm trying to create a macro where I feed in date as input and I get the day as output. Attaching my workflow. I'm not sure and want to check if alteryx can convert any date format to the specific mm/dd/yyyy format ? Do i need to make sure that the excel column is specified as date or can it be general ? Would alteryx be able to convert any format for e.g. date inputted as 12.10.2014 or 10.12.2014 or 10/12/2014 as mm/dd/yyyy and give me the date against it ?

Thanks! 

Madhur

4 REPLIES 4
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

It can do all of what you are asking. I would take a look at the following help article as it will probably answer all of your questions. The formula and function you use will be dependent on what the field type is coming into Alteryx. You would use different functions if its String vs Date.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/functions/datetime-functions.html

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @cjaneczko! But I'm not able to make this work in a dataset that has date formats mm/dd/yyyy and mm.dd.yyyy. Attaching my workflow. Can you help ?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Madhur12 try the attached workflow

image.png

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @binuacs ! Getting this error:

Screenshot 2024-02-05 151434.png

Labels