Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date format for SFDC Data Loader File in CSV

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I am preparing the Data Loader file in the workflow to create the cases in SFDC. However, the date format will be a big challenge while exporting the data in CSV. Data Loader accepts only CSV files, and the date format should be either YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY. It accepts DD/MM/YYYY as well. 

allwynbazil_0-1675413377940.png

The above date format will be changed to DD-MM-YYYY in csv and the data loader throws the error "Failed to Parse Date field". I am not sure how to get the dates in required format for data loader. Please help.

Regards,

Alwin

11 REPLIES 11
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Please be informed that, I have tried to mock up your scenario.

However I was not able to see any changes in the date format when exported to CSV.

Could you please share few more screenshots to investigate further in your case.

ShankerV_0-1675414259843.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Hello Shanker,

Thanks for checking the issue. MM/DD/YYYY is working fine. DD/MM/YYYY is still having the issue. Attached is the test workflow for your reference.

Regards,

Alwin

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Please see the output of your attached workflow run on my system with no errors and correct output too.

ShankerV_0-1675416930196.png

ShankerV_1-1675416940369.png

Can you please share the error message which throws on your system.

Your help to share the test file is much appreciated.

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Hello Shanker,

Please check my attached WF. It looks good at the results pane. However, if I extract the data in CSV, only a few values are converted to MM/DD/YY.

And also, is there a way to replace a character below with the proper alphabet (E, e)?  Sorry for the other question in the same thread.

allwynbazil_0-1675591690472.png

Regards,

Alwin

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

The testdata (input file) is missing. Could you please share it to proceed checking the workflow.

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for checking @ShankerV . It opens fine in Notepad. But not sure how to retain the format in CSV.

Regards,

Alwin

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

As per the attached workflow and the output from the file.

I still do not see any changes happened while saved in .csv format from the the Alteryx result.

ShankerV_0-1675606388446.png

Could you please highlight where there is the output problem in .csv.

Can you help in highlighting the issue.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Could you please confirm whether are you referring to this error message displayed.

FYI, But the output saved in .CSV format was correct. 

ShankerV_0-1675606668437.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Please check the screenshot of my CSV output. The format is different here.

allwynbazil_0-1675607427346.png

Regards,

Alwin

Labels