Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date conversion

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Please give me a hint. I have this error in my workflow: Date: "08.04.2021" is not a valid Date.
Why? In the excel file and in the metadata this field appears as Date?

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Luk88kk 

Alteryx only supports dates in ISO dateformat yyyy-mm-dd. You can convert it to Alteryx datetime using datetime tool. I have attached datetime tool document in the post which should help you to learn the tool and navigate through to solve the usecase.

atcodedog05_0-1649672605300.png

Here is help documentation on an alternative method using datetime functions.

Hope this helps : )

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Thank you I have done as recommended but now I have popped up a problem of this type:
Cannot convert '2014-08-22' to a date/time with format '%B %d, %Y' and language 'English': Invalid month: '2014-08-22' -- expected at least three letters Record #2

Would you please help me to solve this.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Luk88kk 

1. Use Datetimetool to convert input to Alteryx date (String to date)

2. Use Datetimetool to convert Alteryx date to the desired format. (Date to string)

Hope this helps : )

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Luk88kk one way of doing this with the DateTime functions

https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/datetime-functions

binuacs_0-1649673679142.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Luk88kk I'm a little confused what your starting point is. If you're still stuck, if you share an excerpt of your workflow/data with your objective we can surely help.

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately :( although I have read everything and tried many times I have not succeeded.... I have tried following the above instructions and still get errors. I am posting an example that I am struggling with.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Luk88kk Since the dates are in different format you need to use the datetime function to process the dates as per the given format

binuacs_0-1649682812603.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Luk88kk 

Oh, you have mixed dates. That explains the issues you are have facing 😅

@binuacs workflow should work. It's handling them both separately.

Luk88kk
8 - Asteroid

It works! You have saved this Monday. Thank you very much. Have a great day and the rest of the week.

You are great!

Labels