Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Time Difference at Email Subject Line & Individual Level

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Hi! 

I need to calculate the date time difference between and email open and an email delivered at the email subject line level & individual level. I attached an excel document for context, having trouble wrapping my head around where to begin with this one!

Thanks for the help!

Email Avg Open Time Example.png

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 
Please provide a text or Excel input.

And what do you mean by "Individual level"? meaning for each Name, the time diff between the first email received and the last email opened?

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu 

Thanks for answering! I did put my excel input example. Yes, when I say individual level.. I mean by name. So I need to see for example (and also shown in attachment) the time difference that specifically Robyn was delivered an email by subject line X and opened an email for subject line. Any insight would be so helpful! Thank you! 

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Email Avg Open Time Example.png

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 
We can do a DateTImeDiff Formula tool to calcuate the time difference.
Can you upload the txt input?

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu here is the excel input- I really appreciate it!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 
First we can parse your Time Stamp to a DateTime format of Alteryx, then group by Name or Subject line, respectively.

0111-kpontarollo-A.png0111-kpontarollo-B.png

kpontarollo
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu This is great!! But is there a way to do it together? The name AND the email subject line? So, if I want to count how many Robyn had for email subject line "Rent a Car Today!" 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kpontarollo 

You can simply change the way of Grouping in the Summarize Tool

0111-kpontarollo-C.png

Labels