Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Format Cleaning

Dampop
7 - Meteor

I have this date format i want to clean, i will appreciate the best approach to clean this to enable me have the best 

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dampop one way of doing this, is first to check whether the field has? then replace using the replace() function and add '01', then convert the date using the DateTimeParse() function

image.png

Dampop
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for your response, I just tried this and i got this error attached.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dampop Here the date format is different, what is the exact date format you are using in your input? Are you using the field prescription date or month?

Dampop
7 - Meteor

My input is a string, i am using the month for the report but it will date populate from the date, more like 11/01/2023 will give month date like Jan 2023, the day doesn't matter, i am working with just month and year.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dampop based on the error seems to be you are trying to convert an Alteryx Date type field (yyyy-mm-dd) to a different format, which was causing the error, if your data is in ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD) you no need to convert using the DateTimeParse() function. Can you screenshot your current date and the expected result?

Dampop
7 - Meteor

Thank you for this, i used the filter tool to bring out the affected column, then use the formular to clean it then join it back together.

Labels